Tribes See Name on Oregon Maps as Being Out of Bounds
Several place names in eastern Oregon include the word “squaw,” which Native Americans say is offensive. An effort to change the names has been long and difficult.
- O'Mara: Politics and Commercial Pressure, not ChatGPT, are the Threats
- Why are the Dems Denying DC Self-Government?
- Anastasia Curwood on Shirley Chisholm's Childhood Heroes
- After Studying Housing Discrimination, This Historian is Fighting it in Court
- How Textbook Publishers are Censoring the Story of Rosa Parks to Sell Books in Florida