John Oliver Dunked on Joy Behar over George Washington's Slaveowning, but Didn't Do the Reading Himself
by Erik Curren
In a rush to dunk on Joy Behar for being clueless about George Washington's practices as a slaveowner, John Oliver flattened the story himself; reading Mary V. Thompson's book would help everyone speak with more authority.
Confederate symbols are still celebrated despite the ugly history they symbolize.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
John Oliver shares some of his favorite completely made-up history facts.
SOURCE: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
by John Oliver
A set of Supreme Court decisions made over 100 years ago has left U.S. territories without meaningful representation.
- Eastern Europe Brought Soccer Into the Modern Age. Why is it a Wasteland Now?
- Ties Documented Between Legal Activist Challenging Affirmative Action and White Nationalists
- Work More, Consume Less: The Coercive Nature of Austerity Politics
- Will the Philadelphia Museum Strike Change an Industry?
- Qatar Isn't The First Regime to Polish its Image With a World Cup