by Sam Ben-Meir
The Report is largely about another single-minded individual, Daniel J. Jones (Adam Driver), lead investigator of the Senate Intelligence Committee, who spent five arduous years doggedly uncovering the CIA’s suspect detention and interrogation program following the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
SOURCE: The Conversation
by Jennifer M. Pacella
In many instances, whistleblowers find the abusive power they have revealed turned against them, both ending their careers and harming their personal lives.
SOURCE: The American Historical Review
by Thomas Meaney
Based on an encounter with Fanon’s CIA handler, C. Oliver Iselin, Meaney presents the firsthand experience of a mid-level figure in the U.S. security state who participated in the national liberation movements in Africa.
by David Foglesong
A case study from 1979 shows how leaks of misleading information can damage national security.
SOURCE: Informed Comment
by Juan Cole
The difference between Trump and Bush is only a matter of rhetorical style, and Trump hasn’t had the opportunity yet to endanger America the way Bush and the Neoconservatives did.
SOURCE: Imperial & Global Forum
by Robert Whitaker
The Second World War saw the security partnership between America and Britain go from a temporary marriage of convenience to a seemingly eternal aspect of the special relationship.
- Poland’s forgotten civil strife and the struggle for Jewish statehood
- Socialists were winning U.S. elections long before Bernie Sanders and AOC
- The House just passed a bill to create a women’s history museum. Only one congresswoman voted against it.
- For hundreds of years, enslaved people were bought and sold in America. Today most of the sites of this trade are forgotten.
- 2 New Books Examine the the History of Black Travel
- AHA Publishes 2020 Jobs Report
- Yuval Noah Harari's History of Everyone, Ever
- Historian Manisha Sinha Discussed Trump's Acquittal on 2 Episodes of Democracy Now
- Longtime University of Iowa Jeff Cox, 72, championed candidates and his kids
- "No Boy Scout": William Rust Publishes Article on CIA Operations Officer Lucien Conein