Originally published 01/06/2018
President Trump Wanted to Fire Attorney General Jeff Sessions for Not 'Protecting' Him. The Constitution Says That's OK.
The framers of the Constitution left voters to be the final check and balance on the president on this kind of decision.
Originally published 03/02/2015
The attorney general serves as the lawyer for the president and for the nation, which is always a delicate balancing act. It's that much harder when the person the president chooses is also a close friend.
- Waitman Wade Beorn: Historians can and should draw parallels between the 1930s and today
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama
- Oxford professor counts 93 penises in Bayeux Tapestry
- Medieval Scholars Call for Transparency and Anti-Racism at Conference
- Robert Dallek's FDR Book Invites Comparisons To Trump's Presidency