Originally published 02/19/2015
After retiring from the park service in 1981, Dr. Pfanz spent the next 20 years researching and writing his Gettysburg trilogy: “Gettysburg: The Second Day” (1987), which was the most critically praised book in the trilogy.
- Historians’ assessment of Obama’s legacy
- Facebook’s Historian: Professor Heather Cox Richardson
- Historians at the Rochester Institute of Technology are bolstering Wikipedia’s archive of entries on women’s history
- "Multiple Steves and Pauls": A History Panel Sets Off a Diversity Firestorm
- University of Washington Dean defends the liberal arts degree on economic grounds