Originally published 03/19/2015
He's been caught making up history, but evangelicals are sticking by him, including Wallbuilders.
Originally published 03/16/2015
Kevin M. Kruse
America may be a nation of believers, but when it comes to this country’s identity as a “Christian nation,” our beliefs are all over the map.
Originally published 03/14/2015
Fifty-seven percent of Republicans polled in national survey back establishing Christianity as the “national religion” of the United States.
Originally published 02/16/2015
We are not a Christian nation: Ronald Reagan, John F. Kennedy and the eternal lie of the “city upon a hill”
John Winthrop's "city upon a hill" dominates presidential rhetoric and our self-understanding. Here's the problem
Originally published 05/28/2014
How Do We Recognize a "Christian Nation"?
Originally published 02/18/2008
Carol V. Hamilton
Like Franklin, Jefferson rejected Calvinism.
Originally published 09/30/2007
How do they demonstrate that America was founded as a Christian nation? By selectively choosing texts from the writings of the Founders.
Originally published 12/19/2004
"Religion played very little role in the American Revolution and it played very little role in the making of the Constitution. That's largely because the Founding Fathers were on the whole deists who had a very abstract conception of God."
- University of South Carolina unveils statue of first black professor
- Inside Billy Graham's Powerful Relationship With U.S. Presidents
- Children have changed America before, braving fire hoses and police dogs for civil rights
- How the Activists Who Tore Down Durham's Confederate Statue Got Away With It
- Many Trump Voters Think We Need a White History Month
- Top Ten Signs the US is the most Corrupt nation in the World (2018 Edn.)
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2018 George Washington Prize
- McMaster could leave WH after months of tension with Trump
- AHA President Mary Beth Norton says ending sexual harassment is a high priority
- Historians fear ‘censorship’ under Poland’s Holocaust law