Originally published 05/16/2017
Here’s what people think of it now.
Originally published 03/04/2015
He won the Pulitzer. So did 3 of his students: Gordon Wood, Michael Kammen and Jack Rakove.
Originally published 02/19/2015
In an article in the conservative Weekly Standard he lionized Bernard Bailyn.
Originally published 02/16/2015
"Although Bernard Bailyn is one of the most distinguished historians in the Western world, he is not as well known as he should be."
Originally published 02/10/2015
An Interview with the Harvard Historian on His New Book
- A load of gold worth up to $54 million went missing during the Civil War. There may be a break in the case.
- How American High Schools Teach The Iraq War
- The waves of feminism, and why people keep fighting over them, explained
- Florida to replace Confederate statue in US Capitol
- 43% of Americans still think the Iraq War was a good idea
- “Civilisations" presenter David Olusoga blames Winston Churchill for war crimes in Africa
- University of Chicago’s Hanna Holborn Gray has written a memoir
- Historians’ assessment of Obama’s legacy
- Facebook’s Historian: Professor Heather Cox Richardson
- Historians at the Rochester Institute of Technology are bolstering Wikipedia’s archive of entries on women’s history