Joan of Arc
Originally published 04/07/2017
Diana Muir Appelbaum
The play is “Joan of Arc: Into the Fire” and it’s playing (gasp!) at Manhattan’s Public Theater.
Originally published 02/05/2015
The Historial Jeanne d’Arc (Joan of Arc History Museum), an ambitious project spearheaded by Métropole Rouen Normandie, is the largest space dedicated to this historical figure of international renown. Opens 21 March 2015
- All of American history fits in the life span of only three presidents
- A rare copy of the Declaration of Independence survived the Civil War hidden behind wallpaper. Later it was tossed in a box.
- ‘We say now’: The day more than 25,000 Florida teachers resigned over pay and school funding
- Every president’s health, ranked
- Was Pirate Black Sam Bellamy Found? DNA Test Could Tell
- History Coalition asks historians to "Urge Your Representative to Join the Congressional History Caucus"
- Dartmouth’s Randall Balmer: Under Trump, America's religious right is rewriting its code of ethics
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89