SOURCE: The Guardian
Weapon used in 1940 assassination to go on display next year – but why did Ramón Mercader, armed with a gun and a dagger, resort to the ice pick?
Review of Donna T. Haverty-Stacke’s “Trotskyists on Trial: Free Speech and Political Persecution Since The Age of FDR”
by Murray Polner
A fascinating look at the group of intellectuals who pledged allegiance to Trotsky and the federal government's campaign to disrupt their party.
SOURCE: NYT Book Review
Kotkin's new study depicts Stalin as an autodidact, an astute thinker, “a people person” with “surpassing organizational abilities; a mammoth appetite for work; a strategic mind and an unscrupulousness that recalled his master teacher, Lenin."
- Eastern Europe Brought Soccer Into the Modern Age. Why is it a Wasteland Now?
- Ties Documented Between Legal Activist Challenging Affirmative Action and White Nationalists
- Work More, Consume Less: The Coercive Nature of Austerity Politics
- Will the Philadelphia Museum Strike Change an Industry?
- Qatar Isn't The First Regime to Polish its Image With a World Cup