by Michael Goodyear
It wasn’t Europe that gave us our idea of the Byzantines. They crafted their own Western European image.
SOURCE: The Conversation
by Theodore Christou
Russian President Vladimir Putin has been described as a Byzantine Emperor in style, positioning Russia as the “third Rome.”
SOURCE: New Historian
37 shipwrecks from the Byzantine Empire have been discovered as part of archaeological excavations that began in Turkey in 2004.
SOURCE: Hurriyet Daily News
Officials of the Istanbul Archaeology Museum sent two archaeologists to the construction site to examine the entrance of the cistern and work was halted.
- Museum of Natural History in New York Removes Theodore Roosevelt Statue
- Another Hendrix Legacy Lawsuit: Family Seeks to Block Royalty Claim by Heirs of Bandmates
- A Texas-Born Princess and Former Scandalous Washington Wife May Lose Roman Villa in Epic Inheritance Fight
- Will SCOTUS Uphold Claim of Heirs for Return of Pissarro Painting Stolen by Nazis?
- Outcry over Sparse Representation of Jews in Movie History at New Academy Museum in Hollywood