Originally published 01/20/2016
An FBI spokeswoman confirmed that associate professor Julio “Assad” Pino is being investigated. Pino denied connections to the radical Muslim organization.
Originally published 11/02/2014
Kent State's Julio Pino goes after colleagues at a journal who urged him to apologize for remarks he made about Israel
Julio Cesar Pino
"I say most of you study Latin America for the same reason Eichmann learned Hebrew."
Originally published 08/08/2014
" At Kent State, we value collegiality and mutual respect. Assailing the public with broad statements of culpability violates these principles."
Originally published 08/03/2014
Kent State history professor says "academic friends of Israel" are "directly responsible for the murder of over 1,400 Palestinian children, women and elderly civilians"
"This is not symbolic or even legally justified homicide on your part but actual, cold-blooded, calculated killing, for which you are culpable."
Originally published 11/09/2011
Walter L. Hixson
Shifting the focus from the professor to the organization — the Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America — offers the opportunity to consider the actual issues involved in what should have been an orderly intellectual exchange on a university campus.
Originally published 10/31/2011
This past week Kent State gained a new basis for international notoriety, this time of academic standards and decency.
- Historian H.R. McMaster out, John Bolton is in
- Polish attorney general’s office calls Holocaust law unconstitutional
- Will Trump break American democracy?
- The Rothschilds, a pamphlet by ‘Satan’ and anti-Semitic conspiracy theories tied to a battle 200 years ago
- How Smithsonian Helped Solve the Twitter Mystery of the Unknown Woman Scientist
- Last Fall This Scholar Defended Colonialism. Now He’s Defending Himself.
- Jim Loewen is helping teachers teach difficult historical topics tied to race relations
- Historian (and US Senator) Ben Sasse writing book on polarization
- Historian: The Heavy Burden of Teaching My Son About American Racism
- Teachers are using ‘Black Panther’ to discuss African colonialism and American racism