Originally published 01/13/2015
M. Andrew Holowchak
They have, but Jefferson was never committed to liberty per se, but always committed to liberty in the service of intellectual and moral advance.
Originally published 10/20/2014
Christopher L. Webber
What if the experiment in liberty should perish from the earth or be limited to America and other western democracies?
- Historians at the Rochester Institute of Technology are bolstering Wikipedia’s archive of entries on women’s history
- "Multiple Steves and Pauls": A History Panel Sets Off a Diversity Firestorm
- University of Washington Dean defends the liberal arts degree on economic grounds
- David S. Wyman, author of "The Abandonment of the Jews," has died at age 89
- Jon Meacham finds new meaning in the Age of Trump in Barbara Tuchman’s work on “The March of Folly”