University of Oklahoma
Originally published 09/16/2015
Kevin Butterfield was chosen to be on the show out of over 100,000 people who competed in an online test.
Originally published 03/27/2015
Emory’s Leslie Harris says we should remember the racist roots of American colleges as we think about what went wrong at OU and other schools
Demands to rename Tillman Hall at Clemson University, the circulation of a video showing a racist chant at the University of Oklahoma and the discovery of a fraternity pledge book discussing lynching at North Carolina State University demonstrate how persistent racial issues are on college campuses.
Originally published 03/19/2015
M. Alison Kibler
The terms have changed, from racial ridicule to group libel and then hate speech, but the regulation of hate speech stands out as twentieth century tradition, not a new culture war.
Originally published 10/29/2014
The 16-week course will be offered during the upcoming spring semester, officially beginning Jan. 12, providing a way for college students to earn three transferable credits, or for the lifelong learner.
- Pulling Back the Curtain on Industrial Toxins
- Did Abraham Lincoln sleep here?
- University of South Carolina unveils statue of first black professor
- Inside Billy Graham's Powerful Relationship With U.S. Presidents
- Children have changed America before, braving fire hoses and police dogs for civil rights
- The next president of the OAH will be ... Yale's Joanne Meyerowitz
- Top Ten Signs the US is the most Corrupt nation in the World (2018 Edn.)
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2018 George Washington Prize
- McMaster could leave WH after months of tension with Trump
- AHA President Mary Beth Norton says ending sexual harassment is a high priority