Originally published 11/11/2014
Mormon leaders have acknowledged for the first time that the church’s founder and prophet, Joseph Smith, took as many as 40 wives, some already married and one only 14 years old.
Originally published 10/28/2014
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints says most of Smith's wives were between 20 and 40 years old.
- A Brief History of GOP Attempts to Kill the Education Dept.
- New York Is Building a New Monument to Women’s History—And It Wants the Public’s Help
- Charleston Apologizes for City’s Role in Slave Trade
- With 'America First,' Trump Challenges The World Constructed After World War II
- Newly Discovered ‘Limb Pit’ Reveals Civil War Surgeons’ Bitter Choices
- Conservative Mark Bauerlein says humanities faculty are in denial about their own role in the decline of the humanities
- President Trump Is Looking for Suggestions for Pardons
- Black history is still largely ignored, 70 years after Empire Windrush reached Britain
- Senegal historian decries long shadows of colonialism
- “As if George Wallace had won in 1968″