SOURCE: The Baffler
"Last Man Standing" – Michael Brenes on Francis Fukuyama and the Return of History
Presented with the manifest failure of a peaceful global liberal order after the end of the Cold War, Fukuyama now simply argues that people have failed classical liberalism.
SOURCE: Washington Post
Francis Fukuyama Revisits the "End of History" and Liberalism's Prospects After War
"People really like being in liberal societies after they’ve gone through either horrible nationalist conflict (as in the two world wars of the 20th century) or they’ve had to live under authoritarian dictatorship (as people in Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union did under communism)."
Review of Francis Fukuyama’s “Identity: The Demand for Dignity and the Politics of Resentment”
by James Thornton Harris
His book recommends that Progressives try and recapture white, working class voters by downplaying minority rights and espousing a national creedal identity.
SOURCE: The Chronicle of Higher Education
What Francis Fukuyama Says Follows the End of History
It’s identity politics. This explains Trump.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
The man who declared the ‘end of history’ fears for democracy’s future
"Twenty five years ago, I didn't have a sense or a theory about how democracies can go backward. And I think they clearly can.” – Francis Fukuyama
Daniel Patrick Moynihan’s Amazing and Grim Prophecy
by Kenneth Weisbrode
The world remembers Francis Fukuyama’s "The End of History" and Samuel Huntington’s "The Clash of Civilizations." But it was Moynihan who got the future right.
Is Francis Fukuyama's "end of history” argument dead?
by Jedediah Purdy
“In a year when a man whose own party calls him a fascist is squarely leading the Republican primaries and a self-declared democratic socialist is leading an unexpectedly robust insurgency on the Democratic side, Fukuyama's argument is looking more and more tenuous."
SOURCE: The Atlantic
Francis Fukuyama is still bullish on where history is headed, but Americans should worry: republics can decay.
by Michael Ignatieff,
Doubling Down on Democracy
- Chair of Florida Charter School Board on Firing of Principal: About Policy, Not David Statue
- Graduate Student Strikes Fight Back Against Decades of Austerity, Seek to Revive Opportunity
- When Right Wingers Struggle with Defining "Woke" it Shows they Oppose Pursuing Equality
- Strangelove on the Square: Secret USAF Films Showed Airmen What to Expect if Nuclear War Broke Out
- The Women of the Montgomery Bus Boycott
- New Books Force Consideration of Reconstruction's End from Black Perspective
- Excerpt: How Apartheid South Africa Tried to Create a Libertarian Utopia
- Historian's Book on 1970s NBA Shows Racial Politics around Basketball Have Always Been Ugly
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History