by Alan Singer
As historians and public figures, we have an obligation to defend democratic institutions and expose vestigial anti-democratic elements like the Electoral College that threaten democracy, which includes a careful examination of their origin and history.
by Sean Wilentz
A Reply to Akhil Reed Amar.
SOURCE: The Guardian
Lawmakers push for ‘constitutional convention’ to restrict federal government – and it’s not as far fetched as it sounds.
by Michael Nelson
The founding document was never perfect, and flaws remain. Do Americans still have the fortitude to fix it?
SOURCE: USA Today
Former Sen. Jim DeMint joining group pushing for a constitutional convention that could rewrite the Constitution
Twelve states already have adopted the group’s call, and its leaders hope to add 10 to 15 next year. A separate effort demanding a convention to consider a balanced budget amendment already has the support of 27 states.
by Leslie Kitchen
Either we change or we let the death rattle begin.
by Timothy Garton
"We have been waiting a long time for this constitutional moment."
- 1619 Project: New York Times Magazine Publishes Special Edition Dedicated to American Slavery and Its Legacies
- National Security Archive Releases New Briefing Book on Chernobyl through the Eyes of the Soviet Politburo, KGB, and U.S. Intelligence
- Before Trump eyed Greenland: Here’s what happened last time the US bought a large chunk of the Arctic
- Illinois Governor Signs Bill Mandating Public Schools Teach LGBTQ History
- Controversial Monument to Women’s Suffrage Redesigned to Include Sojourner Truth
- Historian Elizabeth Hinton Profiled in Harvard Magazine: Color and Incarceration
- 'Clearly, he did not take part in our curriculum': Historians bash Ken Cuccinelli's revised Statue of Liberty Poem
- The Increasing Popularity of Hotel Historians
- If You Call It History, You’ve Got to Do History’: Historians Chafe at a Video That Omitted Their University’s Whites-Only Origins
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum gets grants to help publish Abraham Lincoln papers