by Olivier Wieviorka
While national histories of wartime resistance are plentiful, the European dimension of the shadow army has rarely been taken into account.
SOURCE: NY Review of Books
by Garry Wills
Obama is wrong to suggest that voting and only voting is the way to express one’s opposition to a tyrant like Trump.
by Walter G. Moss
The series explores what happens when a fictional French village during World War 2 is occupied by Nazis. Some people resist. Others collaborate.
by Holly Scott
That can end badly if it devolves into infighting.
by Patrick Henry
Her latest study breaks new ground even as it reiterates the major themes of her illustrious life’s work.
- History Says Bloomberg 2020 Would Be a Sure Loser
- Then and now: How Trump impeachment hearing is different
- Poland asks Netflix to make changes to documentary about Nazi death camp guard
- What is a caliph? The Islamic State tries to boost its legitimacy by hijacking a historic institution
- Russian Historian Professor, Found With Bag of Severed Arms, Admits He Killed Student
- Black Perspectives Publishes Online Forum: "Researching, Teaching, and Embodying the Black Diaspora"
- Distinguished professor, civil war historian James I. “Bud” Robertson Jr. passes away
- Noel Ignatiev, scholar who called for abolishing whiteness, dies at 78
- Historians Elizabeth Catte, Rebecca Solnit, and Peniel Joseph Quoted in Washington Post Article, "The Democrats Are Moving Left. Will America Follow?"
- When Southern Historians Made History Themselves