SOURCE: New Yorker
Crazy Horse Monument to Native American History is Built on Controversy
The world’s largest monument is decades in the making and more than a little controversial.
Historians Explain Why Vote on Central Park’s Contested Suffragist Monument Is Postponed
Jacob Morris, the Director of The Harlem Historical Society, demands the addition of a plaque to the sculpture that would give a historical context.
Obama May Create Monument to Gay Rights Movement
The White House is considering the creation of a national monument to the gay rights movement on a small piece of Greenwich Village parkland across the street from the Stonewall Inn, where a 1969 uprising helped inspire the push for equality.
SOURCE: The Hill
Obama to create national monument at Hawaii internment camp
The White House told the Times that the designation, to be made Thursday, is meant to recognize “the fragility of civil rights during times of conflict.”
SOURCE: Live Science
Massive 5,000-Year-Old Stone Monument Revealed in Israel
Archaeologists previously thought the structure was part of a city wall.
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"
- Stanley Engerman, Co-Author of Controversial History of American Slavery, Dies at 87
- Professor Helps Rescue "Lost" Asian American Silent Film
- Canada Day Festivities Spark Controversy over National History
- German Government Panel of Historians Begins Inquiry into 1972 Munich Olympics Killings