SOURCE: Charlotte Observer
Donald Trump's chances in North Carolina depend on whether he can successfully deploy the politics of white resentment mastered by the state's longtime senator Jesse Helms.
SOURCE: The New Republic
Danielle Pletka’s historical revision of Jesse Helms’s career shows how Trumpists will rationalize their role in this disastrous presidency.
SOURCE: News Observer
Thirty years ago, North Carolina waged a Senate race that even today staggers the imagination.
- Washington Must Treat White Supremacist Terrorism as a Transnational Threat
- Charlottesville Inspired Biden to Run. Now It Has a Message for Him
- Biden Revokes Trump Report Promoting "Patriotic Education"
- Tom Lankford, 85, Dies; Southern Journalist With Divided Loyalties
- Trump’s Parting Gift to Joe Biden
- What the History of the Ku Klux Klan Can Teach Us about the Capitol Riot
- Reconstruction Era Expert On Why Politicians Use Terms Unity And Healing
- The COVID-19 Vaccination Drive May be Slow—But it’s Already Faster than Any in History
- Operation Desert Shirt
- Solidarity is a Process: Talking with Kelly Lytle Hernandez, Josh Kun, and Destin Jenkins