SOURCE: Charlotte Observer
Donald Trump's chances in North Carolina depend on whether he can successfully deploy the politics of white resentment mastered by the state's longtime senator Jesse Helms.
SOURCE: The New Republic
Danielle Pletka’s historical revision of Jesse Helms’s career shows how Trumpists will rationalize their role in this disastrous presidency.
SOURCE: News Observer
Thirty years ago, North Carolina waged a Senate race that even today staggers the imagination.
- Why are Historians Facing Online Abuse Over Whether Atlantis Existed?
- The 1906 Atlanta Race Massacre: How Fearmongering Led to Violence
- Reconstructing an Urban Archive Lost on 9/11
- Vaccination Mandates Are an American Tradition. So Is the Backlash
- In Slasher Film ‘Candyman,’ the Horror Is U.S. Housing Policy