Originally published 02/20/2018
Researchers are working to use DNA to identify whether a human bone recovered from a Cape Cod shipwreck belongs to the infamous pirate Samuel "Black Sam" Bellamy.
Originally published 10/09/2017
Marine archaeologists announced new findings from their most recent excavation of the roughly 2,000-year-old Antikythera wreck.
Originally published 11/14/2016
Archaeologists have found more than 40 vessels in the Black Sea, some more than a millennium old, shedding light on early empires and trade routes.
Originally published 09/12/2014
In May 1899, a storm on Lake Superior caused a boat to sink so quickly that, as an eyewitness put it, the vessel "disappeared as suddenly as one could snuff out a candle."
Originally published 08/01/2014
In July 2010 construction workers halted the backhoes when they uncovered something unexpected just south of where the Twin Towers once stood.
- Pulling Back the Curtain on Industrial Toxins
- Did Abraham Lincoln sleep here?
- University of South Carolina unveils statue of first black professor
- Inside Billy Graham's Powerful Relationship With U.S. Presidents
- Children have changed America before, braving fire hoses and police dogs for civil rights
- The next president of the OAH will be ... Yale's Joanne Meyerowitz
- Top Ten Signs the US is the most Corrupt nation in the World (2018 Edn.)
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2018 George Washington Prize
- McMaster could leave WH after months of tension with Trump
- AHA President Mary Beth Norton says ending sexual harassment is a high priority