by James Robenalt
The whistleblower today has been backed up by others who had direct knowledge, making his or her account now superfluous. John Dean had no such back-up from others; he had to wait a year for his testimony to be fully corroborated by the tapes themselves.
Dean was a key Watergate insider – and whistle blower – due to his special role as White House counsel.
by James D. Robenalt
It's not "RATS" who are doing him damage.
SOURCE: US News
by James Warren
"Nixon's 'Saturday Night Massacre' was clearly a sinister act and effort to kill an investigation. What is not clear is whether Trump has botched this or it is a sinister act."
by Diana Klebanow
Dean has worked very hard to erase the image of him as a villain, but it remains to be seen whether he really should be regarded as a hero.
SOURCE: Media Matters
Former Nixon Counsel John Dean: Right-Wing Media Impeachment Calls, Watergate Comparisons "Absolutely Silliness"
"The conservative media just doesn't seem to understand the impeachment clause. It is not designed to ... besmirch a president with, and that's all they're doing with it."
SOURCE: Colbert Report
Comedy Central's Stephen Colbert's history of Watergate features interviews with Pat Buchanan and John Dean.
by Robert Dallek
A review of Dean's new book, "The Nixon Defense."
- ‘The Crown’: The History Behind Season 3 on Netflix
- No, Trump in 2019 is not like George Washington in 1794
- Confederate Statue in North Carolina Comes Down After 112 Years
- NASA Renames Object After Uproar Over Old Name’s Nazi Connotations
- New Statue Unsettles Italian City: Is It Celebrating a Poet or a Nationalist?
- Beloved University professor passes away at 64
- British Historians Antony Beevor, Tom Holland and Dan Snow say they cannot vote for party under Corbyn
- He Predicted Both Trump’s Election and Impeachment. What Else Does He Know?
- Dorothy Seymour Mills, who received belated credit for husband's baseball books, dies at 91
- A Defense of Aristocracy: On Anthony T. Kronman’s “The Assault on American Excellence”