Originally published 09/25/2017
Nancy Isenberg says what Americans think is exceptional about them is that they erased class distinctions
Of course, it’s a myth.
Originally published 09/06/2017
A new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll finds that just 28% of adults called America the “single best place to live in the world,” with another 17% calling it “among the very few best places.”
Originally published 06/13/2017
This is what Trump has accomplished in 6 short months.
Originally published 12/19/2016
All he believes in is power: Who’s on top and who’s not.
Originally published 07/14/2016
Few question that the US should remain the world’s superpower.
Originally published 02/24/2015
Alfred W. McCoy
From Torture to Drone Assassination, How Washington Gave Itself a Global Get-Out-of-Jail-Free Card
Originally published 07/28/2014
Harvey J. Kaye
For more than 200 years, American exceptionalism was a radical idea. It was an idea of liberals and progressives.
- The Koreas Are Weighing a Peace Deal. Here’s What That Might Mean.
- Slavery's hidden history in the mid-Hudson Valley coming to light
- The discovery of a map made by a Native American is reshaping thinking about the Lewis & Clark expedition
- New findings from Penn Slavery Project show how U. benefitted financially from enslaved labor
- Is it anti-Semitic for President Trump to call Chuck Todd ‘sleepy eyes’?
- This is what happened when a historian with a rural background wrote favorably about gun control in the Washington Post
- Is Economics Going Back To The 1800s? Maybe So.
- Historian: Why destroying archives is never a good idea
- Feds charge controversial Kent State University professor Julio Pino with lying to FBI
- New Yorker publishes profile of H.R. McMaster just weeks after Trump fires him