Originally published 06/18/2014
Patrick L. Smith
Eleven years, and so much death, misery and destruction later, Iraq's best outcome looks like the one Bush upended.
Originally published 10/21/2013
The skulls probably belong to homo erectus, but that means that the earlier hominid homo habilis may be the same as homo erectus.
Originally published 09/20/2015
One of the hidden casualties of America's second Iraq war was NASA's Vision for Space Exploration.
- Disclosed: Journalist helped defuse a budding conflict between the US and Cuba in 1964
- "People don’t realize": Trump and the historical facts he wants you to know
- Autism doctor Hans Asperger collaborated with the Nazis, new research shows
- University of Wisconsin, Madison to reckon with Ku Klux Klan history, but won't remove KKK member names from buildings
- School responds to assignment asking students to list 'positives' of slavery
- Is Sean Wilentz right that liberals believe in capitalism and progressives don’t?
- Mary Beard cut from US version of “Civilisations"
- Timothy Garton Ash: "We have six months to foil Brexit. And here’s how we can do it.”
- Why the Pulitzer Prize committee keeps ignoring women’s history
- No, we're not reliving the 1960s, says Harvard historian Arne Westad