South China Sea
Originally published 11/27/2017
He scoured the world for evidence to make his case, but a scholar now finds his government reluctant to challenge Beijing, its powerful rival.
Originally published 08/23/2015
John T. Kuehn
This was the name was given to it by Europeans, the Chinese simply calling it the “south sea” for most of their own history.
Originally published 05/29/2014
China’s national identity has become deeply intertwined with territorial issues.
- A load of gold worth up to $54 million went missing during the Civil War. There may be a break in the case.
- How American High Schools Teach The Iraq War
- The waves of feminism, and why people keep fighting over them, explained
- Florida to replace Confederate statue in US Capitol
- 43% of Americans still think the Iraq War was a good idea
- “Civilisations" presenter David Olusoga blames Winston Churchill for war crimes in Africa
- University of Chicago’s Hanna Holborn Gray has written a memoir
- Historians’ assessment of Obama’s legacy
- Facebook’s Historian: Professor Heather Cox Richardson
- Historians at the Rochester Institute of Technology are bolstering Wikipedia’s archive of entries on women’s history