South China Sea
Originally published 11/27/2017
He scoured the world for evidence to make his case, but a scholar now finds his government reluctant to challenge Beijing, its powerful rival.
Originally published 08/23/2015
John T. Kuehn
This was the name was given to it by Europeans, the Chinese simply calling it the “south sea” for most of their own history.
Originally published 05/29/2014
China’s national identity has become deeply intertwined with territorial issues.
- Trump’s Getting Us Ready to Fight a Nuclear War
- Monticello Is Done Avoiding Jefferson’s Relationship With Sally Hemings
- Sessions cites Bible passage used to defend slavery in defense of separating immigrant families
- Trump-Kim Deal Promises Answers for Families of Korean War M.I.A.s
- Massachusetts High School Apologizes After Nazi Quote Is Printed in Yearbook
- Randall Stephens predicts most evangelicals will probably fail to come to grips with Trump’s cynical manipulations, his divisive, culture-war grandstanding, his philandering, and his lying
- Wiliam Reese, Leading Seller of Rare Books, Is Dead at 62
- Alisse Theodore points out that women first became politically active in the fight against Andrew Jackson’s genocidal Indian Removal campaign
- More fallout from SHAFR's decision to invite David Petraeus as keynote speaker
- ‘EU is weakest world power’ Niall Ferguson says