Originally published 09/04/2014
Gabriel Kolko was a Marxist historian who denounced America for imperialism but eventually accepted that socialism had failed.
Originally published 06/16/2014
One sure way to irritate leftist historian Gabriel Kolko was to mistake him for a libertarian.
Originally published 06/12/2014
In a series of books on turning points in American history, from the westward expansion of the railroads in the 19th century to the Cold War, Vietnam and the war on terrorism, Professor Kolko carved a distinct and sometimes groundbreaking path.
Originally published 05/28/2014
Kolko was an American historian who wrote about the close connection between the government and big business throughout the Progressive Era and the Cold War.
- Inside Billy Graham's Powerful Relationship With U.S. Presidents
- Children have changed America before, braving fire hoses and police dogs for civil rights
- How the Activists Who Tore Down Durham's Confederate Statue Got Away With It
- Many Trump Voters Think We Need a White History Month
- How a team of sophisticated forgers at an Essex country house fooled the Nazis
- Historians fear ‘censorship’ under Poland’s Holocaust law
- How One Amateur Historian Brought Us the Stories of African-Americans Who Knew Abraham Lincoln
- History Coalition asks historians to "Urge Your Representative to Join the Congressional History Caucus"
- Dartmouth’s Randall Balmer: Under Trump, America's religious right is rewriting its code of ethics
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.