SOURCE: Tom Dispatch
The Ongoing Crashes of the 21st Century
by Tom Engelhardt
Depending on what tipping points are reached and what happens after that on our rapidly warming planet, so much could come down around humanity’s ears.
What’s happening to Giuliani now was happening to him long before 9/11
by Jim Sleeper
Giuliani’s mind and career tell us as much as the impeachment inquiries are likely to do about why Trump’s presidency is so perverse.
9/11 Is History Now. Here's How American Kids Are Learning About It in Class
by Olivia B. Waxman
Textbooks are not the go-to resource for learning about 9/11 in 2019.
SOURCE: Washington Post
What was Trump actually doing on 9/11? An anniversary fact check.
by Gillian Brockell
Inconsistencies haven’t stopped Trump from repeating versions of his actions on 9/11.
9-11: Tweets Collected by HNN
What historians are saying.
It’s Time to Rethink the Way We Memorialize Terrorist Attacks
by Harriet F. Senie
We should stop turning the victims into heroes.
SOURCE: Informed Comment
Yes, George W. Bush bears some Responsibility for US Vulnerability on 9/11
by Juan Cole
Just remember what Richard Clarke wrote in his memoir of his time in the administration.
The Unknown Chinese-American Heroine of September 11, 2001
by Steven Knipp
Many people have heard of Todd Beamer’s courage (“Let’s roll”). But relatively few know about Betty Ong’s.
Where You Lived Determined How Sad You Felt on 9-11 and Afterwards
by Charles B. Strozier
Discrimination about the geographical unfolding of sadness on 9/11 helps us understand its impact and meaning.
SOURCE: New Yorker
Visiting the 9/11 memorial and museum
by Adam Gopnik
The site contains more contradictions, unresolved and perhaps unresolvable, than any other eight acres in Manhattan.
Teaching About 9-11
What historians have to say about 9-11.
- The Debt Ceiling Law is now a Tool of Partisan Political Power; Abolish It
- Amitai Etzioni, Theorist of Communitarianism, Dies at 94
- Kagan, Sotomayor Join SCOTUS Cons in Sticking it to Unions
- New Evidence: Rehnquist Pretty Much OK with Plessy v. Ferguson
- Ohio Unions Link Academic Freedom and the Freedom to Strike
- First Round of Obama Administration Oral Histories Focus on Political Fault Lines and Policy Tradeoffs
- The Tulsa Race Massacre was an Attack on Black People; Rebuilding Policies were an Attack on Black Wealth
- British Universities are Researching Ties to Slavery. Conservative Alumni Say "Enough"
- Martha Hodes Reconstructs Her Memory of a 1970 Hijacking
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"