Originally published 01/29/2016
Harriet F. Senie
We should stop turning the victims into heroes.
Originally published 10/19/2015
Just remember what Richard Clarke wrote in his memoir of his time in the administration.
Originally published 09/07/2015
Many people have heard of Todd Beamer’s courage (“Let’s roll”). But relatively few know about Betty Ong’s.
Originally published 08/04/2014
Charles B. Strozier
Discrimination about the geographical unfolding of sadness on 9/11 helps us understand its impact and meaning.
Originally published 07/20/2014
The site contains more contradictions, unresolved and perhaps unresolvable, than any other eight acres in Manhattan.
Originally published 08/09/2005
What historians have to say about 9-11.
- The Rothschilds, a pamphlet by ‘Satan’ and anti-Semitic conspiracy theories tied to a battle 200 years ago
- How Smithsonian Helped Solve the Twitter Mystery of the Unknown Woman Scientist
- It’s Disturbingly Easy to Buy Iraq’s Archeological Treasures
- Geneticist at Harvard Medical School has retrieved DNA from more than 900 ancient people.
- A load of gold worth up to $54 million went missing during the Civil War. There may be a break in the case.