Originally published 03/08/2016
The Pulitzer-Prize winning historian discusses the war and its legacy.
Originally published 02/22/2016
"I think that it was in graduate school that I really learned how to write history."
Originally published 11/13/2014
This panel will bring together historians from all sides to critique McPherson’s work and discuss new trends and changes in Civil War scholarship.
Originally published 05/14/2014
Tiffany April Griffin
Why he became a historian, his favorite books, what he's reading now.
- Poland puts Berlin's WWII bill at 440 billion euros
- Historian H.R. McMaster out, John Bolton is in
- Polish attorney general’s office calls Holocaust law unconstitutional
- Will Trump break American democracy?
- Last Fall This Scholar Defended Colonialism. Now He’s Defending Himself.
- Jim Loewen is helping teachers teach difficult historical topics tied to race relations
- Historian (and US Senator) Ben Sasse writing book on polarization
- Historian: The Heavy Burden of Teaching My Son About American Racism
- Teachers are using ‘Black Panther’ to discuss African colonialism and American racism