SOURCE: Chronicle of Higher Education
by Joy Connolly
"As interim President of a large public graduate school, I believe passionately in providing education that empowers students to make the most of their lives, whether or not they pursue careers in the academy."
SOURCE: The Brown Daily Herald
The Department may revive program in future with extra year, stronger thematic focus.
SOURCE: History Headlines
by Glenn David Brasher
Aren’t retention and anti-intellectualism the real problems?
SOURCE: The Way of Improvement Leads Home
by John Fea
Boot is the latest public intellectual to chide academic historians for failing to speak to public audiences.
SOURCE: The Globe Post
by Luis Martínez-Fernández
"The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.”
SOURCE: The Chronicle of Higher Education
by Cal Newport
It used to simplify crucial tasks. Now it's strangling scholars' ability to think.
SOURCE: Inside Higher Ed
American Historical Association says hiring committees shouldn't ask for letters of recommendation until candidates pass a first look.
- Poland’s forgotten civil strife and the struggle for Jewish statehood
- Socialists were winning U.S. elections long before Bernie Sanders and AOC
- The House just passed a bill to create a women’s history museum. Only one congresswoman voted against it.
- For hundreds of years, enslaved people were bought and sold in America. Today most of the sites of this trade are forgotten.
- 2 New Books Examine the the History of Black Travel
- AHA Publishes 2020 Jobs Report
- Yuval Noah Harari's History of Everyone, Ever
- Historian Manisha Sinha Discussed Trump's Acquittal on 2 Episodes of Democracy Now
- Longtime University of Iowa Jeff Cox, 72, championed candidates and his kids
- "No Boy Scout": William Rust Publishes Article on CIA Operations Officer Lucien Conein