SOURCE: The New Yorker
by Nicholas Lemann
They didn't understand that Cheney had his own agenda.
The stunning revelation is in Jon Meacham’s new biography of the senior Bush.
SOURCE: Political Wire
“I look at Barack Obama and I see the worst president of my lifetime, without question."
by Alfred W. McCoy
With the release of this Senate report and the media’s pursuit of the facts behind its obfuscations, the full story of abuse, fabrication, and dissimulation inside the CIA is finally starting to emerge.
by Steve Benen
“If we spend our time debating what happened 11 or 12 years ago, we’re going to miss the threat that is growing and that we do face.”
SOURCE: NY Review of Books
by Mark Danner
"What did the third member of the triumvirate, Vice President Cheney—who had known about the conflict for weeks—say at this moment?"
- Racist Mural Puts Tate Galleries in a Bind
- "We're Going to Publish": The New York Times' Oral History of the Pentagon Papers
- ‘What the Hell Happened?’ Inside the Nikole Hannah-Jones Tenure Case
- Virginia Theological Seminary Pays Reparations to Descendants of Enslaved and Jim Crow Laborers
- Supreme Court Rejects Sentence Reductions for Minor Crack Offenses