SOURCE: The New Yorker
by Nicholas Lemann
They didn't understand that Cheney had his own agenda.
The stunning revelation is in Jon Meacham’s new biography of the senior Bush.
SOURCE: Political Wire
“I look at Barack Obama and I see the worst president of my lifetime, without question."
by Alfred W. McCoy
With the release of this Senate report and the media’s pursuit of the facts behind its obfuscations, the full story of abuse, fabrication, and dissimulation inside the CIA is finally starting to emerge.
by Steve Benen
“If we spend our time debating what happened 11 or 12 years ago, we’re going to miss the threat that is growing and that we do face.”
SOURCE: NY Review of Books
by Mark Danner
"What did the third member of the triumvirate, Vice President Cheney—who had known about the conflict for weeks—say at this moment?"
- 50 Years Later, Remembering Pong's Success
- The Origins of the "White Elephant" Party
- A Stranger's Gift: Family Photos from Before the Holocaust
- New School's Adjuncts Demand Better Pay in Increasingly Acrimonious Strike
- The Cole Family Land in Virginia Holds Incredible Uranium Wealth. Do Descendants of People Enslaved There Deserve a Share?
- The Fall of the American Fraudster?
- Texas Prof Wins John Lewis Award for Work Recovering History of Anti-Mexican Border Violence
- The Racist History of Family Separation, and the Lawyers Challenging It
- Behind America's Relationship to Exercise
- Study: Ashkenazi Jews Have Become More Genetically Similar over Time