Originally published 03/14/2017
Andrew J. Bacevich
We’ve come to accept the conflict as a perpetual state, an enterprise to be managed rather than ended as soon as possible.
Originally published 10/12/2016
Rashid Khalidi chides presidential candidates and moderators for never mentioning the Afghanistan war
In an interview he also focused on the tragedy of Syrian refugees.
Originally published 07/12/2016
The U.S. State Department Declares War on Afghanistan’s Pro-American Vice-President (And On All Afghan Uzbeks)
Brian Glyn Williams
And the New York Times erringly follows its lead.
Originally published 10/19/2015
Obama's recent decision to leave American troops in perpetuity in the Afghanistan War, despite a fourteen-year failed attempt to remodel the country, is as unsurprising as it is appalling.
Originally published 10/31/2014
There's the mainstream media version of the world. And then there's reality.
Originally published 04/06/2014
Why are so many coming home from our wars broken?
- Trump’s Getting Us Ready to Fight a Nuclear War
- Monticello Is Done Avoiding Jefferson’s Relationship With Sally Hemings
- Sessions cites Bible passage used to defend slavery in defense of separating immigrant families
- Trump-Kim Deal Promises Answers for Families of Korean War M.I.A.s
- Massachusetts High School Apologizes After Nazi Quote Is Printed in Yearbook
- Randall Stephens predicts most evangelicals will probably fail to come to grips with Trump’s cynical manipulations, his divisive, culture-war grandstanding, his philandering, and his lying
- Wiliam Reese, Leading Seller of Rare Books, Is Dead at 62
- Alisse Theodore points out that women first became politically active in the fight against Andrew Jackson’s genocidal Indian Removal campaign
- More fallout from SHAFR's decision to invite David Petraeus as keynote speaker
- ‘EU is weakest world power’ Niall Ferguson says