Originally published 06/26/2017
Historians have a role as pundits, he argues, but they have to resist the impulse to oversimplify the news.
Originally published 04/28/2014
This age of the intellectual as the chief public face of political opposition has retreated into the past.
Originally published 04/03/2014
How an obscure and maddeningly opaque German Jewish intellectual became a thriving academic industry.
- Disclosed: Journalist helped defuse a budding conflict between the US and Cuba in 1964
- "People don’t realize": Trump and the historical facts he wants you to know
- Autism doctor Hans Asperger collaborated with the Nazis, new research shows
- University of Wisconsin, Madison to reckon with Ku Klux Klan history, but won't remove KKK member names from buildings
- School responds to assignment asking students to list 'positives' of slavery
- Is Sean Wilentz right that liberals believe in capitalism and progressives don’t?
- Mary Beard cut from US version of “Civilisations"
- Timothy Garton Ash: "We have six months to foil Brexit. And here’s how we can do it.”
- Why the Pulitzer Prize committee keeps ignoring women’s history
- No, we're not reliving the 1960s, says Harvard historian Arne Westad