Originally published 05/23/2014
In 2010, Ukraine’s government officially recognized Bandera as a national hero, a move that was condemned by the European Parliament among others.
Originally published 04/01/2014
Russia and Ukraine are ruthlessly using history as a weapon in the battle to paint their opponents as dangerous aggressors, ripping open old wounds from World War II that may not easily heal.
- Polish attorney general’s office calls Holocaust law unconstitutional
- Will Trump break American democracy?
- How Smithsonian Helped Solve the Twitter Mystery of the Unknown Woman Scientist
- It’s Disturbingly Easy to Buy Iraq’s Archeological Treasures
- Last Fall This Scholar Defended Colonialism. Now He’s Defending Himself.
- Jim Loewen is helping teachers teach difficult historical topics tied to race relations
- Historian (and US Senator) Ben Sasse writing book on polarization
- Historian: The Heavy Burden of Teaching My Son About American Racism
- Teachers are using ‘Black Panther’ to discuss African colonialism and American racism