Originally published 09/06/2017
White Christians, once the dominant religious group in the U.S., now account for fewer than half of all adults living in the country.
Originally published 02/01/2017
About one-third of all Americans think that you have to be a Christian to truly be an American — despite the history of religious pluralism that dates back to the nation’s very earliest days.
Originally published 10/31/2016
For just 60 hours, researchers had the opportunity to examine the holiest site in Christianity. Here's what they found.
Originally published 12/18/2015
Christian principles continue to shape even allegedly secular minds because Christianity guided Western civilization for over a millennium.
Originally published 05/23/2014
Yale-educated history professor is Nebraska's GOP candidate for US Senate and a Tea Party conservative
Heather Digby Parton
"Ben Sasse believes that our right to the free exercise of religion is co-equal to our right to life."--Ben Sasse website
Originally published 03/31/2014
With typical clarity of purpose, our 8th-grade textbook, America: Land I Love, explains exactly why America had to fight in Vietnam.
Originally published 10/21/2013
At the Nuremberg trials of leading Nazis, one American psychiatrist took on the task of understanding their personality, and developed a strange attachment to Hermann Goring that ruined his life.
Originally published 09/16/2015
Conservative Christians claim that they are only defending freedom of religion, but there is no attack on their freedom to worship and believe as they like. They want more. They want laws which apply to all Americans to reflect their religious beliefs. They demand the right to disregard laws they don’t like. They want their religion to be our politics.
- Poland puts Berlin's WWII bill at 440 billion euros
- The five Sullivan brothers, serving together, were killed in World War II. Their ship was just found.
- Historian H.R. McMaster out, John Bolton is in
- Polish attorney general’s office calls Holocaust law unconstitutional
- Will Trump break American democracy?
- Last Fall This Scholar Defended Colonialism. Now He’s Defending Himself.
- Jim Loewen is helping teachers teach difficult historical topics tied to race relations
- Historian (and US Senator) Ben Sasse writing book on polarization
- Historian: The Heavy Burden of Teaching My Son About American Racism
- Teachers are using ‘Black Panther’ to discuss African colonialism and American racism