Originally published 10/28/2016
Attacks on the headless figure, part of a contentious Barcelona exhibit, show Spain’s continuing struggle with how to confront its dictatorial past.
Originally published 07/18/2016
The divisions caused by the Spanish Civil War, and the decades of dictatorship it ushered in, ending only with Franco’s death in November 1975, continue to ripple through Spain.
Originally published 03/25/2014
Suárez led a new generation of Spanish politicians to power after Franco's death in 1975.
- Historians at the Rochester Institute of Technology are bolstering Wikipedia’s archive of entries on women’s history
- "Multiple Steves and Pauls": A History Panel Sets Off a Diversity Firestorm
- University of Washington Dean defends the liberal arts degree on economic grounds
- David S. Wyman, author of "The Abandonment of the Jews," has died at age 89
- Jon Meacham finds new meaning in the Age of Trump in Barbara Tuchman’s work on “The March of Folly”