St Patricks Day
Originally published 03/15/2018
They arrived dirt poor and uneducated in the 1840s. After decades of struggle, they achieved prosperity.
Originally published 03/16/2017
Most Americans come from Northern Ireland including Ulysses Grant and Stonewall Jackson.
Originally published 03/17/2015
Organizers of St. Patrick's Day parade say it's about celebrating "Irish heritage and culture." Here's the problem.
Originally published 03/18/2014
Arthur Guinness, the founder of the brewing dynasty, was a staunch unionist and opponent of Irish nationalism.
Originally published 03/15/2004
Edward T. O’Donnell
St. Patrick wasn't even Irish.
- New findings from Penn Slavery Project show how U. benefitted financially from enslaved labor
- Is it anti-Semitic for President Trump to call Chuck Todd ‘sleepy eyes’?
- Human Evolution: Walking Upright Evolved at Least 3.6 Million Years Ago—Long Before Modern Humans Appeared
- Why a primary challenge to Trump is likely to fail
- Smog and Disasters Spurred the Laws Trump Wants to Undo
- Feds charge controversial Kent State University professor Julio Pino with lying to FBI
- New Yorker publishes profile of H.R. McMaster just weeks after Trump fires him
- Dartmouth historian Matthew J. Garcia says conservative partisans in Arizona have taken over a civics school he once ran
- Berkeley’s Carolyn Merchant explains what ecofeminism is
- University of Southern California's David Kang says Korea is the only place on earth where the Cold War continues