Originally published 06/06/2016
The Whigs chose power over principles when they nominated Zachary Taylor in 1848. The party never recovered.
Originally published 04/07/2016
Corey M. Brooks
The end of the Whig Party shows why.
Originally published 02/14/2014
Robert W. Merry
Just what lessons can be learned from the brief history of the Whig Party for today, anyway?
- Waitman Wade Beorn: Historians can and should draw parallels between the 1930s and today
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama
- Oxford professor counts 93 penises in Bayeux Tapestry
- Medieval Scholars Call for Transparency and Anti-Racism at Conference
- Robert Dallek's FDR Book Invites Comparisons To Trump's Presidency