Alexander the Great
Originally published 03/23/2018
We Generate More Data Driving to Work Each Day than Did Alexander the Great’s Entire Army Marching to India and Back
Frank L. Holt
But that didn’t stop this courageous historian from trying to quantify Alexander’s wealth.
Originally published 04/29/2016
It’s Acra, a citadel constructed by the Greeks more than two thousand years ago in the middle of old Jerusalem.
Originally published 01/26/2015
Alexander the Great’s Legacy Stirred Up by Excavation
Originally published 01/14/2014
Could Alexander the Great have been poisoned by white hellebore?
- Disclosed: Journalist helped defuse a budding conflict between the US and Cuba in 1964
- "People don’t realize": Trump and the historical facts he wants you to know
- Autism doctor Hans Asperger collaborated with the Nazis, new research shows
- University of Wisconsin, Madison to reckon with Ku Klux Klan history, but won't remove KKK member names from buildings
- School responds to assignment asking students to list 'positives' of slavery
- Is Sean Wilentz right that liberals believe in capitalism and progressives don’t?
- Mary Beard cut from US version of “Civilisations"
- Timothy Garton Ash: "We have six months to foil Brexit. And here’s how we can do it.”
- Why the Pulitzer Prize committee keeps ignoring women’s history
- No, we're not reliving the 1960s, says Harvard historian Arne Westad