Originally published 12/31/2014
If the Census Bureau proceeds with a recently released plan, then in a few years’ time, we will know very little about how the contours of family life are changing.
Originally published 12/07/2014
Social class differences in marriage have been tied to the extent of income inequality among white Americans for at least 130 years.
Originally published 12/02/2014
The high divorce rate of the late 1970s and early 1980s is starting to look like a historical anomaly, not a trend.
Originally published 01/07/2014
Philip N. Cohen
After bottoming out in the aftermath of the 2008 recession, divorces are on the uptick again.
Originally published 10/02/2013
One of the editors of the new Cambridge History of Australia is the prolific and left leaning academic professor Stuart Macintyre.
Originally published 08/12/2014
Liberty and Power
Why are married people richer and divorced people poorer? Two factors contribute heavily to the financial decline surrounding divorce: losing the inherent wealth-creation aspects of marriage, and State-imposed costs such as alimony and “the divorce industry.” It is therefore not surprising to find out that it is government's control over marriage that is the culprit.
- The Rothschilds, a pamphlet by ‘Satan’ and anti-Semitic conspiracy theories tied to a battle 200 years ago
- How Smithsonian Helped Solve the Twitter Mystery of the Unknown Woman Scientist
- It’s Disturbingly Easy to Buy Iraq’s Archeological Treasures
- Geneticist at Harvard Medical School has retrieved DNA from more than 900 ancient people.
- A load of gold worth up to $54 million went missing during the Civil War. There may be a break in the case.
- Historian: The Heavy Burden of Teaching My Son About American Racism
- Teachers are using ‘Black Panther’ to discuss African colonialism and American racism
- Q: “Sir, would you like a history of this monument?” A: “F**k You!”
- Russian gulag historian faces 9 years in prison
- “Civilisations" presenter David Olusoga blames Winston Churchill for war crimes in Africa