Originally published 02/15/2017
The money will reward Guam residents for standing by the US during the Japanese occupation of World War 2.
Originally published 12/09/2016
“The United States forever will be grateful to the residents of Guam for their steadfast loyalty to the United States, as demonstrated by the countless acts of courage they performed despite the threat of Imperial Japanese military forces that occupied Guam during World War II."
Originally published 03/29/2016
A group of advocates are working to finalize a nonprofit organization called Guam World War II Reparations Advocates Inc., which plans to sue the U.S. government in hopes that survivors finally receive compensation the group believes they deserve.
Originally published 12/30/2013
A brief overview of the proposed militarization of Guam and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.
- Pulling Back the Curtain on Industrial Toxins
- Did Abraham Lincoln sleep here?
- University of South Carolina unveils statue of first black professor
- Inside Billy Graham's Powerful Relationship With U.S. Presidents
- Children have changed America before, braving fire hoses and police dogs for civil rights
- The next president of the OAH will be ... Yale's Joanne Meyerowitz
- Top Ten Signs the US is the most Corrupt nation in the World (2018 Edn.)
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2018 George Washington Prize
- McMaster could leave WH after months of tension with Trump
- AHA President Mary Beth Norton says ending sexual harassment is a high priority