by David W. Grua
Long before the battle over Confederate monuments, they built a memorial to their dead to reclaim the history whites celebrated as a victory.
SOURCE: Inland Valley Daily Bulletin
Timothy Tackett, now history professor emeritus at UC Irvine, was in Watsonville helping his mother Jean pack up things for a move to Washington state when he looked in the bottom of a trunk.
SOURCE: New York Times
The shirt of Lakota chief Little Thunder has become the centerpiece of a auction dispute.
- Historian Heidi Tworek Interviewed on the History Behind Coronavirus Racism
- Gordon Wood Reviews Mary Beth Norton's ‘1774’ for the Wall Street Journal
- Black Perspectives Reviews Black Banking and Women Financial Power Brokers
- A lost history, recovered: Faded records tell the story of school segregation in Virginia
- H.R. McMaster book `Battlegrounds’ coming out in April