Originally published 12/14/2015
David W. Grua
Long before the battle over Confederate monuments, they built a memorial to their dead to reclaim the history whites celebrated as a victory.
Originally published 01/20/2015
Timothy Tackett, now history professor emeritus at UC Irvine, was in Watsonville helping his mother Jean pack up things for a move to Washington state when he looked in the bottom of a trunk.
Originally published 12/30/2013
The shirt of Lakota chief Little Thunder has become the centerpiece of a auction dispute.
- Historians at the Rochester Institute of Technology are bolstering Wikipedia’s archive of entries on women’s history
- "Multiple Steves and Pauls": A History Panel Sets Off a Diversity Firestorm
- University of Washington Dean defends the liberal arts degree on economic grounds
- David S. Wyman, author of "The Abandonment of the Jews," has died at age 89
- Jon Meacham finds new meaning in the Age of Trump in Barbara Tuchman’s work on “The March of Folly”