Historians David K. Johnston and Kassia St. Clair comment on the social and technological changes that helped make the color a secret, then open, political symbol.
SOURCE: Nursing Clio
by Kristin Brig
As we see with COVID-19, the darkest periods in history expose the best — and worst — of humanity.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
A favorite anecdote about the origins of the vibrator is probably a myth.
SOURCE: BBC News
You'd be surprised at how dangerous everyday life was in the 1880s.
- With Students Back on Campus, Faculty Push Back Against COVID Policies They Consider Inadequate
- How Hong Kong's Elite Have Embraced a Shifting Narrative on Tiananmen Square
- Discovery of Human Footprints Pushes Back Date of Earliest Humans in Americas
- Ghana, WEB DuBois Museum Foundation to Partner on Museum, Research Center
- George Holliday Dies at 61, Taped LAPD Beating of Rodney King
- Charles Sellers, 98, Historian Who Upset the Postwar Consensus, Dies
- The Curious Task of Preserving Darwin's Beans and Butterflies
- Local Professor Building History of San Diego's Japanese Americans
- Art History Prof. Recognizes Lost Masterpiece in Local Church
- Rebel is Right: Reassessing the Cultural Revolution