SOURCE: The Guardian
Demographers and political strategists say Trump is promoting a vision of America’s suburbs with aproned housewives, leafy cul-de-sacs and picket fences that no longer exists.
SOURCE: Washington Post
by Paul Schor
The Trump administration’s effort not to count undocumented immigrants is nothing less than an effort to redistribute political power, one that calls to mind a particularly fierce battle over the 1920 census that highlights the role of these broader fights.
SOURCE: The Economist
Because censuses helped governors subjugate the governed, most people resented them.
SOURCE: The New York Times
The urge among some residents to leave because of the coronavirus may be temporary. But it follows a deeper, more powerful demographic trend.
SOURCE: The Conversation
by Monica Duffy Toft
Internal strife, perhaps civil war or collapse often precedes a decisive demographic shift.
by Steve Hochstadt
It's not just for rich white guys anymore.
- Suffrage: Women's Long Battle for the Vote (Virtual Event, 10/26)
- The Supreme Court Is Helping Republicans Rig Elections
- Online Lecture: Stolen: Five Free Boys Kidnapped Into Slavery and Their Astonishing Odyssey Home (11/2)
- In a Land of Cul-de-Sacs, the Street Grid Stages a Comeback
- Frontline: Whose Vote Counts?