SOURCE: The Washington Post
There's a new way to deal with Confederate monuments: Signs that explain their racist history
“It’s happening in all sorts of places,” said Adam Domby, a history professor at the College of Charleston who is writing a book about Confederate monuments. “Still, it’s clearly in many cases being used as a stopgap because the laws prohibit removing them.”
Andrew Jackson: Symbol of a Southern Age
by Mark R. Cheathem
From the Revolution through to the Civil War, the South dominated American political life.
SOURCE: New York Times
The South’s New Lost Cause
by Timothy Egan
The South's resistance to Obamacare rings some historical bells.
- House Hearings on Campus Speech Show Different Perceptions of the Problem
- Mark Russell, DC's Piano-Playing Political Satirist, Dies at 90
- Trans Texans, Fearing Violence Inspired by Legislation and Rhetoric, Look to Armed Self-Defense
- How Paris Kicked out the Cars
- Vatican Repudiates "Doctrine of Discovery" that Justified Colonialism by Catholic Nations