SOURCE: City Lab
What 'Infests' Baltimore? The Segregation History Buried in Trump's Tweets
by Paige Glotzer
In slamming Maryland Rep. Elijah Cummings’s 7th District as “rodent infested,” Trump borrows from the rhetoric that first segregated the city.
SOURCE: Madman of Chu
An Open Letter to President Donald Trump
by Andrew Meyer
"With your recent racist campaign of provocations and agitation, you are stirring the same passions and leading us down the path to the same end. You cannot claim ignorance of the consequences of your actions a second time."
SOURCE: CBS News
How Do We Know Something Is Racist? Historian Ibram X. Kendi Explains
Kendi explained the important historical context behind telling a person of color to go back to where they came from.
The Library of Congress Will Stop Archiving Every Tweet. Good.
Instead, it will then begin to “acquire tweets on a selective basis.”
SOURCE: New York Times
History Comes to Life With Tweets From Past
A Twitter account run by a group of German historians provides hour-by-hour updates on horrors of Kristallnacht.
- Will a "No Labels" Campaign Wreck the 2024 Election? We Can't Ask Group's Secret Donors.
- Excerpts from a Civics Textbook I Assume Would be Welcome in Florida
- Confusion Over Book Bans in Florida is a Feature, Not a Bug, of New Policies
- We're Living in the World (un)Made by the Iraq War
- Florida Professor: I was Fired for Teaching about Racism
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History
- Why are Universities so Disrespectful of their Organized Workers?
- Aside from Bush and Cheney, Who's Most Responsible for Iraq?
- Leaked Emails Show Christian Nationalist Anti-Trans "Holy War"