Originally published 02/08/2018
Though opposition to abortion is what many think fueled the powerful conservative white evangelical right, 81 percent of whom voted for Donald Trump, it was really school integration.
Originally published 11/07/2016
“The old cross-denominational coalition of the religious right, one that had been in place since the 1970s has been deeply fragmented.”
Originally published 12/19/2013
The pope is saying it is time for a new kind of political conversation.
Originally published 11/14/2013
How quickly Christian evangelicals forget their movement has a long history of demanding government intervention.
Originally published 06/20/2017
The students claimed they'd watched the performance. They hadn't. They'd lied.
- "People don’t realize": Trump and the historical facts he wants you to know
- Autism doctor Hans Asperger collaborated with the Nazis, new research shows
- University of Wisconsin, Madison to reckon with Ku Klux Klan history, but won't remove KKK member names from buildings
- School responds to assignment asking students to list 'positives' of slavery
- Lost in Battle, Found by Amateur Sleuths: An ‘Unknown’ Marine
- Is Sean Wilentz right that liberals believe in capitalism and progressives don’t?
- Mary Beard cut from US version of “Civilisations"
- Timothy Garton Ash: "We have six months to foil Brexit. And here’s how we can do it.”
- Why the Pulitzer Prize committee keeps ignoring women’s history
- No, we're not reliving the 1960s, says Harvard historian Arne Westad