Battle of the Somme
Originally published 07/11/2016
What are we blind to? Farm communities are suffering worldwide.
Originally published 07/01/2016
Even if reporters had wished to “tell the truth” and their copy had made it past the censors, then the editors and proprietors back home would have ensured that their writing did not see the light of day.
Originally published 06/09/2016
The group that expressed the least knowledge about the battle was the "baby boomer" generation, with 88 percent of those aged 55 to 64 saying they knew little or nothing about it.
Originally published 11/11/2013
Adam Hochschild and Joe Sacco
The enduring folly of the Battle of the Somme.
Originally published 02/15/2017
Stone Age Brain
And what it means when we have a president who lies.
- Poland puts Berlin's WWII bill at 440 billion euros
- The five Sullivan brothers, serving together, were killed in World War II. Their ship was just found.
- Historian H.R. McMaster out, John Bolton is in
- Polish attorney general’s office calls Holocaust law unconstitutional
- Will Trump break American democracy?
- Last Fall This Scholar Defended Colonialism. Now He’s Defending Himself.
- Jim Loewen is helping teachers teach difficult historical topics tied to race relations
- Historian (and US Senator) Ben Sasse writing book on polarization
- Historian: The Heavy Burden of Teaching My Son About American Racism
- Teachers are using ‘Black Panther’ to discuss African colonialism and American racism