SOURCE: National Security Archive
by Nate Jones
The Archive filed suit after receiving no substantive response to the FOIA request for six months.
SOURCE: Washington Post
Reagan learned a lesson from the Able Archer 83 war scare.
SOURCE: The Guardian
The military exercise Able Archer nearly provoked a pre-emptive Soviet strike.
- Abraham Lincoln and the Shavuot Controversy of 1865
- This Montana Farm Boy Became a Scientific Legend, Developing Vaccines to Protect Kids Worldwide
- Should the U.S. Favor Public Health or the Economy? History Shows they’re Inseparable
- Future Historians Will Rely on Wikipedia’s COVID-19 Coverage
- Reparations – Has the Time Finally Come?