Originally published 02/01/2017
An official report including a handwriting analysis charges that Mr. Walesa, a Nobel laureate, was a paid informer in Poland the 1970s.
Originally published 02/18/2016
Mr. Walesa, in interviews, has said that as a dissident, he “played a game” with the Communist authorities, but that he never actively served them.
Originally published 10/28/2013
Lech Walesa is one hell of an obdurate man.
Originally published 04/17/2016
Click here to read this interview.
- Inside Billy Graham's Powerful Relationship With U.S. Presidents
- Children have changed America before, braving fire hoses and police dogs for civil rights
- How the Activists Who Tore Down Durham's Confederate Statue Got Away With It
- Many Trump Voters Think We Need a White History Month
- How a team of sophisticated forgers at an Essex country house fooled the Nazis
- Historians fear ‘censorship’ under Poland’s Holocaust law
- How One Amateur Historian Brought Us the Stories of African-Americans Who Knew Abraham Lincoln
- History Coalition asks historians to "Urge Your Representative to Join the Congressional History Caucus"
- Dartmouth’s Randall Balmer: Under Trump, America's religious right is rewriting its code of ethics
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.