Edgar Allen Poe
Originally published 01/05/2018
He may be more famous worldwide than Jefferson.
Originally published 10/25/2013
Why do people still tell the "true" story of George Bateson, the supposed inventor of the belfry coffin?
Originally published 01/29/2016
This is the Reconstruction myth the Washington Post wouldn't let me debunk on the grounds no one believed it. Then Hillary showed she did!
- Historians at the Rochester Institute of Technology are bolstering Wikipedia’s archive of entries on women’s history
- "Multiple Steves and Pauls": A History Panel Sets Off a Diversity Firestorm
- University of Washington Dean defends the liberal arts degree on economic grounds
- David S. Wyman, author of "The Abandonment of the Jews," has died at age 89
- Jon Meacham finds new meaning in the Age of Trump in Barbara Tuchman’s work on “The March of Folly”