Originally published 10/17/2013
Readers are encouraged to submit questions beforehand.
Originally published 07/09/2015
Most teachers still think that the Civil War was fought over states' rights. It's time for textbooks to correct the record. Let's start with "The American Pageant."
- Historians at the Rochester Institute of Technology are bolstering Wikipedia’s archive of entries on women’s history
- "Multiple Steves and Pauls": A History Panel Sets Off a Diversity Firestorm
- University of Washington Dean defends the liberal arts degree on economic grounds
- David S. Wyman, author of "The Abandonment of the Jews," has died at age 89
- Jon Meacham finds new meaning in the Age of Trump in Barbara Tuchman’s work on “The March of Folly”